THE STACK FREE YOUR MONEY CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
THE “STACK FREE YOUR MONEY" CONTEST (THE "CONTEST") IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE "CONTEST RULES").
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 9th, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 14th , 2018 (the “Contest Period”) after which no further entries or actions shall be accepted for participation in the Contest.
The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Void where prohibited. Employees of Stack FinTech Inc. (“STACK” and the “Sponsor”) and Queue Technologies, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win.
STACK shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to STACK, including without limitation, government issued photo identification, to participate in the Contest and to be awarded a prize. Failure to provide such proof, or meet all of the eligibility requirements may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to STACK for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. STACK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant fail to meet all of the eligibility requirements or, at any stage, supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. In order to participate in the Contest and be eligible to win a prize as an entrant (each, an “Entrant”) you must meet the eligibility criteria above, and be registered to received information about the beta launch of the STACK platform. All registrants will receive one (1) entry into the available Contest draws. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- To enter: Register to receive information about the beta launch of the STACK platform by submitting your email to STACK through the form on the STACK website at https://getstack.ca/waitlist (the “Website”).
- To receive additional entries: Take one or more of the actions listed below in order to earn points and, when sufficient points are accumulated, receive the corresponding number of entries into the draws. Entrants will receive one (1) additional entry for the Contest draws for each 100 points earned.
You may earn additional points through the following actions:
- Refer a friend. Registrants will each receive a unique referral URL once entered into the Contest. Share that URL with your friends for a chance to earn additional points for the Contest. Entrants will receive 100 points for every fully verified STACK waitlist entry that is submitted from the Entrant’s referral URL.
- Share the love. Registrants will each receive an additional 5 points for sharing their interest in STACK on social media in accordance with the following:
- First time a registrant signs up to see the Contest points leaderboard | 25 points
- First time a registrant follows the STACK page on Instagram| 50 points
- First time a registrant “likes” the STACK page on Facebook| 25 points
- Each time a registrant “shares” the Contest Facebook page, per day| 5 points
- First time a registrant “likes” the Contest page on Facebook| 5 points
- First time a registrant “follows” the STACK page on Twitter| 25 points
- Each time a registrant shares the Contest to Twitter from the Website, per day| 5 points
- First time a registrant subscribe to the STACK YouTube channel| 25 points
- First time a registrant watches a STACK video on the STACK channel| 5 points
An Entrant who “likes” a page more than once will only receive the points associated with one “like”, and similarly, following a STACK social media page will be credited only once, even if followed, unfollowed and refollowed multiple times.
For each “sharing” action, a maximum of one action per day will be recognized for points credit.
All entries must comply with these Official Rules and be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on May 14th, 2018, in order to be eligible for a prize. All entries become the property of STACK and will not be acknowledged or returned. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like methods for participation in this Contest is strictly prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant provided he/she is eligible per these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Email registrations and all actions taken by entrants will be deemed received at the time indicated on the STACK server report.
- There are TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES to be awarded, each a prize of Five Thousand Dollars Canadian ($5,000.00CDN) (each a “Grand Prize” and together with the secondary prizes, collectively, the “Prizes”) available to be won.
- There are ONE HUNDRED (100) secondary prizes (each a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won, as follows:
- The Entrants who hold spots One to Ten Ranking in the Highest Total Points on the Leaderboard at the close of the Contest Period will each receive Five Hundred Dollars Canadian ($500CDN) into their STACK account, to be deposited within three (3) business days of the Entrant opening a STACK account. The approximate retail value of this Secondary Prize is $500CDN.
- The Entrants who hold the spots Eleven to One Hundred in Highest Total Points on the Leaderboard at the close of the Contest Period will each receive Fifty Dollars Canadian ($50CDN) into their STACK account, to be deposited within three (3) business days of the Entrant opening a STACK account. The approximate retail value of this Secondary prize is $50CDN.
- In order to be eligible to receive a Secondary Prize the Entrant must have successfully been approved for a STACK account, and the account opened within 180 days of the Entrant being notified of his/her determination as a Prize winner. In the event that an eligible Secondary Prize winner does not open an account during this period the Prize will be forfeited.
- Prizes may not be substituted by the Prize Winner, transferred nor sold to another individual or entity, nor exchanged for cash value.
- The chance of winning any Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER SELECTION
- Prize winners will be selected as follows:
- On May 16th, 2018, at or about 11:00 am ET, a random draw will be held and two entries chosen from all Contest entries for the Grand Prizes;
- On May 16th, 2018, the 100 Entrants with the highest total points values ranking in the leaderboard will be identified as eligible to receive the Secondary Prizes.
- Before being declared a Prize winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (as set out in Clause 6).
- ENTRANTS SELECTED FOR A GRAND PRIZE OR IDENTIFIED AS ELIGIBLE FOR A SECONDARY PRIZE WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED UPON REGISTRATION TO THE STACK BETA WAITING LIST AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant's response must be received by the Sponsors within forty-eight (48) hours of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond within such time period, he/she will be disqualified and another entrant or entrants may be selected in the Sponsors' sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant's response. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those entrants selected for a Prize.
6. PRIZE RULES
- Each Grand Prize shall be delivered by cheque, bank draft or electronic transfer of funds, as shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion and communicated with each Grand Prize Winner directly. All other costs and expenses associated with the receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any taxes applicable to the Prize.
- A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) Secondary Prize may be won by any Entrant. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-transferable, non-saleable and cannot be converted to cash (except at Sponsors' sole option), and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or a Prize component for one of equal or greater value if a Prize can not be awarded for any reason. In the event that a Prize winner is unable to redeem any or all of a Prize, no compensation or substitute prize will be provided. A Prize winner is not entitled to monetary differences between actual Prize value and stated approximate retail Prize value, if any.
- If more than one Entrant share the same total points allocation on the Leaderboard as would be eligible for a Secondary Prize, all such Entrants shall receive a Prize corresponding with such total point allocation with the exception only that where the number of Secondary Prizes remaining to be awarded is less than the number of Entrants with the next highest points allocation, the Sponsor shall be entitled to draw randomly from all such eligible Entrants as many times as required to award the remaining number of Prizes, even if in doing so one or more Entrants with the same total points allocation as a Prize winner is not awarded a Prize.
- Secondary Prize winners must successfully apply for and open a STACK account in order to receive the Prize.
7. LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE
In order for a selected Entrant to be declared as a Prize winner, the selected Entrant will be required to sign a declaration and release prepared by the Sponsor (the “Release”) which, among other things, (a) confirms the selected Entrant’s eligibility for the Contest and understanding of, compliance with, and acceptance of the Contest Rules, (b) confirms acceptance of the applicable prize as awarded, and (c) releases the Sponsor and other parties related to the Contest, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (d) grants to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion thereof. The executed Release must be returned within three (3) business days of an Entrant being contacted by STACK or the selected Entrant will be disqualified and the corresponding Prize forfeited. In any such case, the Sponsor shall have the right to, but shall not be obligated to, award the forfeited Prize to another qualified Entrant, which shall be determined by, for the Grand Prize, drawing another name randomly from all remaining Entrants, and for a Secondary Prize, choosing the Entrant with the next highest total points allocation from the remaining eligible entries in order to award the Prize, subject always to the provisions of s. 6(c) above.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
By entering the Contest, each Entrant: (i) releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity, and (ii) agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules by Entrant, and any claims arising from Prize winner’s participation in any Prize-related activity without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or, as applicable, for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry or social media action. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by, as applicable, website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrant or, as applicable, to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as, as applicable, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the STACK Website.
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted on the STACK Website /waitlist-terms throughout the Contest Period. Each Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant found or reasonably believed to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website (where applicable); (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any STACK property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. PLEASE NOTE: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST OR THE WEBSITE (WHERE APPLICABLE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. PRIVACY AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By participating in the Contest, Entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and/or age (the "Personal Information") for the purpose of administering the Contest, and contacting and announcing the winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, image, voice, and likeness (all as may be applicable in still images, digital media and video), and city of residence, for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- By opting-in online you consent to STACK's and any of its corporate affiliates' use of your Personal Information to contact you to (i) promote draws, programs, special events and contests similar to the Contest; (ii) promote the STACK platform and related products or services.
- The Sponsor will use the entrant's Personal Information only for identified purposes, and will protect the entrant's Personal Information in a manner that is accordance with the applicable law.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property in the Contest materials, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by STACK, its business partners, and/or their affiliates as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION OF CONTEST
STACK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend, or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or the Contest Rules, in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice, including the right to cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) if bugs, virus, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or proper play of the Contest (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
14. APPLICABLE LAW
These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.
15. CONTACTING THE SPONSOR
For any questions regarding this Contest, or to receive a list of winners, please contact STACK at 36 Distillery Lane, Suite 240, Toronto, Ontario M5A 3C4.Last Contest Rules update: 22MARCH18.